By Richard F. Schier
Read or Download A Guide to Professional Ethics in Political Science: Policy Statements of the Council Together With Advisory Opinions of the Cmmt on Prof Ethics, Ri PDF
Similar ethics & morality books
Many folks, together with many modern philosophers, think that the kingdom has no company attempting to enhance people's characters, or increase their tastes, or hinder them from residing degraded lives. they think that governments should still stay totally impartial by way of the glory of competing conceptions of the nice.
A finished examine of “one of the main elusive and refined” of all of the Platonic dialogues. The Gorgias starts with a dialogue of the character and price of rhetoric and develops into an impassioned argument for the primacy of absolute correct (as expressed by means of judgment of right and wrong) within the law of either private and non-private lifestyles.
Everybody desires to be virtuous, yet contemporary mental investigations recommend that this would possibly not be attainable. Mark Alfano demanding situations this idea and asks, no longer even if personality is empirically enough, yet what characters humans can have and boost. even though psychology means that most folk don't have powerful personality features comparable to braveness, honesty and open-mindedness, Alfano argues that we have got cause to characteristic those virtues to humans simply because such attributions functionality as self-fulfilling prophecies - childrens develop into extra studious in the event that they are instructed that they're hard-working and adults develop into extra beneficiant in the event that they are informed that they're beneficiant.
- Revisioning environmental ethics
- Early Modern Humanism and Postmodern Antihumanism in Dialogue
- Moral Principles and Social Values
- Kierkegaard's Writings, XXIV: The Book on Adler
- Ethics - Theory and Practice
Extra info for A Guide to Professional Ethics in Political Science: Policy Statements of the Council Together With Advisory Opinions of the Cmmt on Prof Ethics, Ri
1. The Association of American Colleges and the American Association of University Professors have long recognized that membership in the academic profession carries with it special responsibilities. Both Associations either separately or jointly have consistently affirmed these responsibilities in major policy statements, providing guidance to professors in their utterances as citizens, in the exercise of their responsibilities to the institution and to students, and in their conduct when resigning from their institution or when undertaking government-sponsored research.
While the federal policy applies only to research subject to regulation by the federal departments and agencies involved, universities can be expected to extend the policy to all research involving human subjects. 8 I. Principles Concerning Sexual Harassment 35. Sexual harassment is an unethical and unprofessional activity involving persons of unequal power, authority or influence. Sexual harassment is, furthermore, illegal under Title VII of the 1964 Civil Rights Act and Title IX of the 1972 Educational Amendments.
The Association has consistently affirmed these responsibilities in major policy statements, providing guidance to professors in such matters as their utterances as citizens, the exercise of their responsibilities to students and colleagues, and their conduct when resigning from an institution or when undertaking sponsored research. The Statement on Professional Ethics which follows sets forth those general standards that serve as a reminder of the variety of responsibilities assumed by all members of the profession.